Other Thoughts On The First Weekend Of The NFL:
• As the only guy who ever brought the Buzzsaw to the playoffs, we will always have a soft spot for Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer. But, what, with the out of control hair (facial and otherwise), angry anti-war screeds and the tendency to throw the ball to the other team, it's only a matter of time until he goes into some tirade in front the Broncos fans and talks about "how better it was in Arizona." We sometimes thinks coach Mike Shanahan is starting at him like he's going to eat him, by the way.
• Former CBS Sportsline reporter Jay Glazer, now a sideline guy covering the Vikings game, can't be any taller than 5-foot-2. Minnesota coach Mike Tice is tall, but he's not that tall.
• We were disappointed the NFL did not allow 49ers coach Mike Nolan to wear a tie, like he had requested.
• We think people were booing Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson while they were singing "America the Beautiful" before the Redskins game. Sorry. We're pretty sure, actually.
• A New York City sports bar was a bad place for someone to bearing an Arizona Cardinals hat and Kurt Warner jersey for the second half of that Giants-Buzzsaw Cardinals game yesterday. Trust us.