According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal — which has to be the strangest name for a newspaper we've ever seen — Texas Tech assistant basketball coach Pat Knight will succeed his father (his dad goes by "Bob") as the Red Raiders' head coach. We are wary of calling this eventual promotion "nepotism" or "everyone being too scared of his dad to so much as cough," so we thought we'd take a look at the younger Knight's resume. You know, just in case.
• 1996: Scout, Phoenix Suns.
• 1997: Assistant coach, Connecticut Pride of the CBA
• 1998: Head coach, Wisconsin Blast of the IBA.
• 1998: Fired as head coach, Columbus Cagers of the USBL.
• 1999: Assistant coach, University of Akron.
• 2001: Assistant coach, Texas Tech University.
• 2003: Turned down for head coaching position, Wright State University, despite claim that he had "recruiting connections in Texas."
• 2005: Eventual head coach, Texas Tech University.
If he keeps this up, he could be President someday.
By the way, if you're in the mood for some completely random, unsubstantiated and irresponsibly fun gossip, an old Sports Frog message board post claims Pat used to have a predilection for wearing women's clothing. Just saying.
Pat Knight To Succeed Dad At Texas Tech [Lubbock Avalanche-Journal]