We almost forgot in all the George Mason hysteria, but, jeez, folks, baseball starts, like, Sunday. So, we figured it was probably time to start paying attention. Henceforth, we're going to be previewing each division, two a day, through the end of the week. We thought we'd start with the American League Central, because nobody ever starts a season preview with the American League Central.
Unfortunately, previewing a season requires doing the one thing (well, not one thing) that we're consistently horrible at: Making predictions. We apologize in advance. So: The AL Central.
1. Cleveland Indians. People forget just how close they were last year. Plus, hey, the ladies love them some Grady Sizemore.
2. Chicago White Sox. They've made the right moves in the offseason, and we're pleased Kenny Williams finally caught some breaks. But still. It can't be this perfect again, can it?
3. Minnesota Twins. Metrodome? More like swastika dome! Anyway, remember when people thought Shannon Stewart should be MVP?
4. Detroit Tigers. We're still angry we missed out on Jeremy Bonderman in our fantasy draft yesterday. Oh, and Ivan Rodriguez now weighs 115 pounds.
5. Kansas City Royals. Anyone who cuts the gritty, gutty, spunky, fiesty Joe McEwing deserves what's coming to them, in our book.