That's right, folks, the wait is over: Antoine Walker, Shandon Anderson and Michael Doleac are finally champions.
As great as these playoffs were, as we look around this here Interweb the morning after the Miami Heat won their first NBA championship, we find disappointment, frustration and, not surprisingly, plenty of referee-directed anger. A roundup:
• Free Darko: "WHAT THE F—K HAVE WE BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS?"
• Eric Folkereth: "Mavs 92 Heat 88 (Or That's What It Should Have Been ... And Here's The Video To Prove It...) "
• Complete Sports: "As far as on-the-floor-celebrations go, I was a much bigger fan of the Antoine Walker Shimmy than the Alonzo Mourning Hyperventilation."
• The Mighty MJD: "Seems like we can't have any sort of championship game anymore without the talk always surrounding the officials. Are officials worse now than they were ten years ago? Or do players and funs just bitch more? I'm not sure of the answer to that one... but it's a bad direction for things to be going."
• True Hoop: "Does Stan Van Gundy get a ring? Does he get a playoff share?"