The first playoff game — we'll be live-blogging all day games this week, by the way — begins in less than 24 hours, and if you actually live in the Bay Area, your team's first playoff game is starting at 10 a.m. on a Tuesday. Which seems odd.
But nevertheless, it's the Twins, a team that hasn't had its fair share of postseason success in recent years, against the A's, who REALLY haven't had much postseason success. We still think Frank Thomas looks odd in an A's uniform, even though he's having one of the best years of his life. And we wish Francisco Liriano were still around.
Here's a roundup of predictions from around the Web.
• Baseball Musings: Twins in four.
• Buster Olney: A's in five.
• Tim Kurkjian: Twins in five.
• Dayn Perry: Twins. (Our estimation.)
• John Donovan: Twins in five.
• Jeff Pearlman: Twins.
• Jeff Passan: Twins in five.
• Mark Pesavento: Twins in four.
• DEADSPIN: A's in five. We always overrate the A's in the playoffs ... but it has to happen ONE of these years, right?
Let's hear your predictions, if you can muster up the intestinal fortitude, in the comments.