It's hard to believe, but the NBA season is just around the corner. So come with us now as we present five tiny tidbits on each team, just to get you in the mood. Today we continue with the Northwest Division, so do us a favor and send your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 1. Well, You Gotta Have Something To Fall Back On. From Mike James: "If I wasn't playing basketball, I'd be a criminal. That's the only other thing I knew besides basketball. That's the only other thing that came natural to me besides basketball." — (Thanks to Sonia Grover).
• 2. Dances With Wolves. Superfan Bill Beise, 50, has been a T-Wolves season ticket holder since their first season, 1989. His game rituals include: Lucky stone which all four members of his family must touch before a game; taping a dollar bill to the bottom of his seat; rolling up programs and spending the entire game squatting on the floor, banging program on the ground. The team offered a "Bill Beise bobblehead" promotion in his honor in 2003. — (Thanks to Sonia Grover)
• 3. Anatomy Of An NBA Player. Rookie Randy Foye's heart is on the right side of his chest.
• 4. The Dance, She Is Over. Of course, Eddie Griffin's masturbation habits and Rashad McCants' poetry are more than tidbits at this point; they are legend. But what of Mark Madsen's dancing? He only does it when his team wins a championship, so let's all root against Minnesota this season.
• 5. Drumline. Troy Hudson has recorded three rap albums and goes on road trips with a drum machine.