What they're saying around the blogs on Roger Clemens signing with the Yankees ...
• Clemens Signs With Yankees For $28 Mil. The Yankees announced that they have signed Fat Billy from Ohio to a minor league contract. Good. I did not want to spend any of my summer evenings rooting for that asshole. I'm going on record right here: 2007 is the year FBfO goes into a serious decline. Serious. [The Joy Of Sox]
• Just Another Overpriced Brick In The Brokedown Palace. Roger Clemens going back to the Yankees? Aw, hell I never really wanted that bloated bastard back here anyway. Honest. I'll have more later. I just... I just can't talk right now... ::runs off crying:: [Surviving Grady]
• Oh Yeah, There Was A Game Today. It's amazing that nobody caught on to Clemens' return prior to the announcement. What a shocker! Oh what I would have given to have been at the stadium. Roger hopes to return by the end of the month. With any luck, it'll be the last 3 days of the month when the Yanks travel to Toronto because I'll already be there. That'd be killer. I might have to make a roadie to Scranton and see a minor league start depending on the timetable. I'm still in utter disbelief that this went down today. Somebody queue up U2's "Beautiful Day." Wow. [Baseball & The Boogie Down Bronx]
• Ex-cellent. Roger Clemens announced to all Red Sox fans that he hates us the second he went to the Yanks the first time. Were you all too fucking blind to see him literally (not figuratively, literally) kissing and rubbing the face of Babe Ruth before every game he pitched for the Yanks? Please, everyone, get on board the "hate Clemens" express. It's so fun! You get to root against that fat traitor swine. I couldn't see how it would make sense any other way. [A Red Sox Fan From Pinstripe Territory]
• The Rocket Returns. We knew George was angry, but we didn't know he was desperate yet. Fire Joe? Hmm. No. How about sign Roger for a bijillion dollars. Oh yes. He's going to pay this guy like he is the savior. And, well, he just may be. Finally, the Yankees getting Clemens means that the Red Sox don't. This was even earlier than expected too. Most believed he wouldn't pitch until June. The Yankees needed this. This is huge. [The Bleacher Teacher]
• Clemens A Yankee. I don't really have a lot to say about it... Basically the Astros offered him the same amount of money(pro-rated 28 gazillion dollars[million]) but only wanted him to pitch 3 months of the season, where Roger wanted to pitch 4 months so he chose the Yankees. Okay maybe I do have a lot to say about it. I think that's a dumb ass excuse and that's all it is, an excuse. He wanted to go back to the Yankees and that's all there is to it. [Houston Crawfish Boxes]
• Clemens Hits The Target Again. What did George Steinbrenner tell Clemens on March 7 in Tampa? Whatever it was, it made an impact. "He had some words for me which I'll keep with me forever. I might share those when this season is all said and done. I'll keep those close to my heart," Clemens said. Is Steinbrenner retiring? Selling? Sick? [The LoHud Yankees Blog]