You might remember, toward the end of last year, when we reviewed each month of the past year leading up to New Years Day. We called it, imaginatively, "Year In Review." Well, we're gonna do that again, starting today, with the fine month of January. We're digging through our archives pretty well, but if you think we should definitely feature something for the last year that we might overlook, email us at email@example.com with suggestions. And enjoy the trip down the lane of diminishing memory!
• January 3. Nick Saban, as he had made explicitly clear, decides to coach Alabama. He, sadly, did not celebrate the new job the way Mike Price did.
• January 4. Jim Lampley becomes the world's most unlikely batterer. When he settles the case later, he says, "The thing that I am most guilty of is choosing (the) wrong woman." Charming.
• January 8. Barbaro wins the 2006 Sportshuman Of The Year award.
• January 12. Tragedy strikes: "Quite Frankly With Stephen A. Smith" is canceled.
• January 17. In a hint of what's to come in 2007, Michael Vick is citing by police for allegedly trying to bring weed on a plane. Oh, and he made his poodle ride in steerage.
• January 24: Two former athletes proved their mettle against two short white dudes. Congrats, guys.
• January 29. We lost an American hero. Affirmed.
• January 30. AJ Daulerio made a new friend.