You might remember, toward the end of last year, when we reviewed each month of the past year leading up to New Years Day. We called it, imaginatively, "Year In Review." We continue today with February. We're digging through our archives pretty well, but if you think we should definitely feature something for the last year that we might overlook, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions. And enjoy the trip down the lane of diminishing memory!
• February 1: Deadspin commenters take over Bill Simmons' comment page. Simmons was furious, and we felt kinda bad, but it was so much fun to see the barbarians at the gate that we danced all day.
• February 4: The Colts won the Super Bowl, ending racial intolerance forever. Gays, however, are fair game.
• February 5: Todd Bozeman attacks a waiter for giving his team the wrong kind of deli meat.
• February 6: Former NBA player John Amaechi comes out of the closet, causing millions of sports fans to go say John Amaechi's name for the first time.
• February 14: Jim Thome discusses douching with Oprah. No, that really happened.
• February 15: Tim Hardaway eliminated "crossover" from his biography.
• February 19: Pacman Jones made it rain.
• February 24: The Balls left New York and left us the Smokey Tornado.
• February 27: Tommy Lasorda introduced us to the swirly move.