You might remember, toward the end of last year, when we reviewed each month of the past year leading up to New Years Day. We called it, imaginatively, "Year In Review." We continue today with August. We're digging through our archives pretty well, but if you think we should definitely feature something for the last year that we might overlook, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions. And enjoy the trip down the lane of diminishing memory!
• August 4: Mariner Moose is unable to slow down the Red Sox juggernaut.
• August 7: Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's all-time home run record. The world survives just fine.
• August 9: Steely McBeam is unleashed on an unsuspecting populace.
• August 9: Rick Ankiel homers in his first game back in the majors.
• August 14: Wait, it's illegal to attack pitchers with bats? Who knew?
• August 22: A Texas fan attacks an Oklahoma fan by destroying his testicles. Is there any other way?
• August 23: Marques Slocum got himself a fuck lion.