There's no doubt in my mind today's recommendation should be the world's worst video game, Cheetahmen II, because if you decide to play video games instead of finding out what happens in the British Open, you deserve to play something horrible. The story behind this is that 1,500 copies of the unreleased game were found in a warehouse in 1997 then sold, only to find out the game had hardly been debugged. The only redemption, it seems in its cult following, is its music. So there. Watch golf instead.
• In Progress — Golf: British Open, final round. Singpore's Chih-Bing Lam, in last place with +31, should make a last-minute push to convert the scores to Modified Stableford. [ABC]
• In Progress — Boxing: US Olympic trials. You'd imagine, rather than fighting each other, you'd see which American can beat up foreigners the best. [MSNBC]
• 1:00 p.m. — Baseball: Oakland A's at New York Yankees. Another walk off hit-by-pitch (known henceforth as a "stumble off") would be grand. [TBS]
• 1:30 p.m. — Racing: IRL Honda Indy 200, Lexington, Ohio. When chicanery is a good thing. [ABC]
• 2:30 p.m. — Beach Volleyball: Womens AVP Brooklyn Open final. If "womens beach volleyball" doesn't close the deal, no amount of hucksterism is going to get you into watching this one. [NBC]
• 3:00 p.m. — LPGA: State Farm Classic, final round. In solidarity, I think nobody should sign their scorecards. [ESPN2]