It's apparently rainy and windy in the Bay, but as commentor "business socks" tells us, that hasn't dampened the spirits of the Buccaneers' cheerleaders. They'll need to step it up, though, as the Bucs are currently down 10-6 to the Saints in the third. Players rely on the cheerleaders for motivation, you see. What else is happening?:
• Giants at Washington: It's also raining in Washington, which is arguably keeping this one closer than it should be. The Giants lead 13-7 in the 3rd, and Eli Manning (16-22 for 239 yards and a TD at the half) is on fire. Not literally, of course. It's raining.
• Indianapolis at Cleveland: Peyton fumbled on 4th down at the goal line, denying us the opportunity to see another field goal. Selfish. It's still 6-3 Cleveland.
• Baltimore at Cincinnati: Joe Flacco has thrown a touchdown to Todd "Garbage" Heap, and let's just say Cincy isn't exactly threatening on the offensive end. 13-3 Baltimore early in the 3rd...and I'm just about ready to call this one.
• San Francisco at Buffalo: Someone told the Bills they had to win this one, right? Getting booed by your own fans at halftime is never fun. 49ers lead 10-3 in the third.
• Carolina at Green Bay: Someone told Green Bay they had to win this one, right? Getting booed by your own fans at halftime is never fun. DeAngelo Williams now has TDs, and Jake Delhomme added a rushing touchdown of his own. 21-10 Panthers in the third.
• Miami at St. Louis: It's 10-9 Miami in the third. I'm not going to lie and pretend I'm watching this one closely.