To be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, you need exquisite dance technique, plenty of enthusiasm and poise, a vibrant personality and the ability to do high kicks and splits. Also, you should "look well-proportioned in dancewear." And you have to identify a country on Iraq's borders.
It's that time of year again: Dallas Cowboys cheerleader tryouts season! Not only do you have to pass a personal interview and present your prom queen tiara, but you also must ace a written test of more than 80 questions ranging from the history of the Cowboys to Pakistani public policy, Proustian memory and the political economy of Papua New Guinea.
Or just memorize some of Iraq's neighbors. Whichever's easier. Some sample questions:
1. Where will the Cowboys play their final home game this season?
2. Where will the Cowboys hold their 2009 summer training camp?
3. Name the Cowboys legend who served as head coach for the team's first 29 years.
4. What year was the Cowboys' first season in the NFL?
5. How many stars are on the Cowboys Cheerleaders' uniform?
6. Who is commissioner of the National Football League?
7. How many yards are in an NFL end zone?
8. Name one country that borders Iraq.
The answers coming up, right after the break, on this week's episode of "Are You Smarter Than A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader?" Dare you to get them all right.