Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
• Something called Dustin Byfuglien scores in overtime, and the Blackhawks take a 3-0 lead over the Sharks, who will be out of this thing before anyone remembers to call them chokers again.
• Floyd Landis, spammer.
• Doug Collins is the 76ers' new head coach. The big question for the Sixers: How will they close out quarters?
• Some kid climbed a mountain.
• Rafael Nadal is now endorsing a $535,000 watch that he'll wear during matches. There was a press conference Thursday to announce the deal, and Nadal arrived an hour late. How droll.
• Here's a nice story about Oregon State's Kirk Walker, who might be the only openly gay man coaching a Division I sport. Somehow he has withstood the slings and arrows of coaching in that bastion of intolerance and virulent gay-bashing, women's softball.
Photo via Puck Daddy
* * * *