Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
• Yeah, that's Terry Francona.
• Scott Boras is reportedly out as A-Rod's agent (the link within the tweet is broken).
• Pittsburgh president Frank Coonelly on losing: "It stinks. It's embarrassing, painful and incredibly aggravating." The Pirates: baseball's hemorrhoid.
• Rob Dibble talks a little about getting shitcanned, manages not to say anything egregiously stupid.
• A word about Adam Schefter, from the Kremlin of the East Bay:
ESPN's Adam Schefter is once again making untrue statements about The Oakland Raiders, this time regarding Matt Leinart. The Raiders have never discussed trading for Leinart.
The Raiders are very happy about their quarterback situation.
• John McEnroe learns all about foot faults:
• North Carolina coach Roy Williams said his players never had any contact with the naughty tutor who has more or less torpedoed the football team's season. Then Williams got a massage and likened Butch Davis's predicament to the flooding in Pakistan.
• Go read this excellent little riff on Stephen Strasburg, Mike Marshall, and the dread inverted W.
* * * * *