After the public embarrassment comes the public shaming. Enterprising Vancouverites have set up a page where you can upload your photos of last night's troublemakers, and more importantly, identify any that you recognize. VPD will announce later today how to narc out these assholes (and we'll update here). Remember: crowdsourced justice is the best justice. [Facebook]
UPDATE: Here's a memo from the Vancouver Police Department:
The response from the public wanting to help the police identify the individuals involved in last night's criminal activity has been overwhelming. We are grateful for everyone's help and have included instructions below for anyone wanting to anonymously share videos with our investigators. We appreciate your assistance in getting this information out to the public.
For photos, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
To anonymously upload videos to the VPD, please upload them to youtube as private videos and share them with email@example.com
Here are the instructions on how to do this:
1. Sign in to your YouTube account and upload the video.
2. Once the video has finished uploading, click the Account link located (at the top-right of any page ).
3. Next, click the Uploaded Videos link. Click and choose the video you want to send to us. Then, click the Edit button.
4. Under the Broadcasting and Sharing Options section (on the left-hand side of the page towards the bottom) you'll see Privacy options. Click the little black arrow / triangle to expand and see all your privacy options (if it's not already open and you cannot see your privacy options).
5. If the video is set to Private, you'll see a section to enter an email. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in this section.
6. Click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
For more information visit: