The Detroit Pistons are about the embark on a six-game road trip, their longest of the season. In preparation, The Detroit News drew up a snazzy map, and Terry Foster put together some good info about start time, where to eat, what's a cute connection to Michigan, etc.
Pretty standard stuff, until you get to Game 5 at Oklahoma City (emphasis added):
- Tip-off: 8 p.m., Chesapeake Energy Arena
- Story line: Thunder try to return to the NBA Finals without James Harden.
- Local ties: Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was from Michigan.
- Restaurant to find: Cattleman's Steakhouse
- Day trip: River Walk or Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum
First of all, McVeigh is from New York. He's thinking of Terry Nichols, McVeigh's accomplice.
Second, dude, what the fuck?
[The Detroit News h/t to Patrick]