One one of the most intriguing elements of televised sports is that the medium can be consumed in myriad and diverse ways: some viewers engage with their favorite team's local broadcasts, others watch for outstanding individual performances, and others enjoy observing tactics and strategy courtesy the big picture afforded by high definition TV.
At Deadspin, though, we're always looking out for novelty. Here's a sampling of our favorite weird, wild, and painful moments of 2012 that earned the famous indie pop Deadspin Video treatment.
1. Yep, It Looks Like A Wisconsin Assistant Coach Ate A Booger At The Rose Bowl
2. Edson Barboza's Roadhouse-Style Face-Kick Knockout Is Even Better When Slowed Down 500%
3. Has Rece Davis Driven Digger Phelps To The Depths Of Depression?
4. Eli Manning's Facial Expressions Are America's Greatest Natural Resource
5. Butler Coach Brad Stevens Is Still Too Boyish To Look Anything But Ridiculous When Complaining To Refs
6. Russell Westbrook's Dunk Attempt Did Not Go As Smoothly As Blake Griffin's
7. A Chuck Norris Doppelgänger Was Doing Bizarre Things On ESPN Today
8. David Robinson Was Victimized By One Of The Great Videobombs Of All Time
9. Brighton Conceded Three Own Goals In Its FA Cup Match Today, And The Third Was A Work Of Art
10. Drayton Florence Saved The Best For Last In Earning NFL Flop Of The Season Honors
11. Ronda Rousey Did Inhuman Things To Miesha Tate's Arm In Last Night's Strikeforce Title Bout
12. Here Is A Man Playing With His Dentures After The Lehigh-Xavier Game
13. Here's The Dancing Baylor Fan Heard 'Round The World
14. The Atlanta Hawks' Mascot Was "In Bad Shape" After Smashing His Beak On The Rim During A Dunk Stunt
15. Blake Griffin Put Pau Gasol In A Very Bad Place With This Vicious Dunk
16. Somebody On The Heat Bench Farted Tonight
17. LeBron James Has Ushered In The NBA Playoffs Flop Era
18. Rick Carlisle Was In A Very Bad Place Last Night
19. TNT's Slow Zoom On Mitch Kupchak's Face In The Final Minutes Of The Lakers' Season Was Sadistic
20. Here Is A Video Of Charles Barkley Using A Shake Weight In Extremely Slow Motion
21. Josh Hamilton's Snot Rockets Are Uniquely Personal
22. Former Olympic Champion Nastia Liukin Faceplants After Her Dad Fails To Spot Her Correctly
23. Royals Prospect Wil Myers Demolished An ESPN Camera During Last Night's Futures Game
24. Nic Batum Delivered A Mighty Nutshot To Juan Carlos Navarro In The Closing Moments Of Today's France-Spain Game
25. Team USA Wins Basketball Gold, Beats Spain, Gets Mike Krzyzewski To Do Something He's Never Done Before
26. Nothing Better Illustrates The Futility Of Replacement Refs Than This Video Of One Being Hit By A Football
27. The U.S. Avenged Its Jamaica Loss Before A Raucous Columbus Crowd, And Clint Dempsey Made A Bitchface For The Ages
28. Large, Shirtless, Pole-Clinging North Carolina State Supporter Is Our Favorite Football Fan Of The Year
29. Tennessee Fan Is Latest To Take Advantage Of Live TV Camera And Pantomime Blowjobs
30. This Florida Fan's Spooky Stare During Saturday's Game Might Be The Scariest Thing You See This Halloween Season
31. The Washington State Fan Chugging Fireball Whisky At Saturday's Game Deserves Our Acclaim
32. Fingers Are Not Supposed To Look Like Georgia Southern's Valdon Cooper's Finger Looks
33. Bucket-Hat Clemson Bro Flipping The Double Bird Is Mesmerizing
34. NBA Ref Joey Crawford Made A Terrible Foul Call, Celebrated It With A Ridiculous Dance
35. Air Guitar-Playing Gonzaga Walk-On: Death Metal Superstar
36. Desmond Howard Talked About "Beaver Juice" This Morning On College GameDay
37. Some Jackass Made Blowjob Pantomimes Behind Home Plate At Wrigley For Nearly An Inning Before Getting Ejected
38. Dubstep Nolan Ryan Wants To Look At That "Tremendous Wiener"
The song is "Plans For Miami" by Steve Clay.