On Saturday ESPN analyst Jalen Rose was in Bloomington for College GameDay, ahead of No. 3 Indiana beating No. 1 Michigan. On Sunday, he was in New Orleans for the network's Super Bowl festivities. In between he washed away his sorrows at watering hole Kilroy's Sports, as well as at some random dudes' house.
Rose's adventures were chronicled on Reddit by a handful of students who were there, but, perhaps wary of narcing him out so he never comes back, a user's account of Rose holding court was swiftly deleted. Lost Lettermen grabbed it in time:
• "He seemed fairly confident that MJ was hungover in Game 5 of the '97 Finals and didn't actually have the flu"
• On Reggie Miller's house burning down in 1997: "He is SURE [ex-wife] Marita Miller burned down Reggie's house"
• "Joked how he couldn't smoke weed because ‘man I work for Disney!! You don't think they drug test us?' "
• "He kept asking how the hell you work a bong and after getting chirped for it, he goes ‘PLEASE. black people only use pipes if they're smoking crack' "
• "He claimed he could hit 17 of 20 3s RIGHT THEN AND THERE, everyone howled and said no way, he just laughed and kept yelling ‘f*** ya'll f*** ya'll' "
• "5am rolls around and he gets asked what time his flight is to leave for New Orleans – ‘oh I dunno….about 2 and a half hours' "
• On Jamaal Tinsley: ‘The dude drank vodka more often than water…AND I let him live with me! For a MONTH!'"
Jalen Rose and Jalen Rose's College GameDay windbreaker are national treasures, and should be preserved in the Smithsonian once the stains are steam-cleaned out.