It's almost hard to believe it's that time of year again, but today is Carolina favorite Michal Jordan's 23rd birthday. Since it's such a significant anniversary of his birth, we thought we'd celebrate MJ's big day.
It's been a big year for Jordan. On Valentine's Day, he was called up from Charlotte and made his debut for the Carolina Hurricanes and went on to play in five games averaging almost 11 minutes of ice time. Nearly four months to the day—and less than a week before his birthday!—he signed a deal that could wind up paying him half a million dollars.
So, as a "congrats!" for his new deal and for being born 23 years ago, here's everything you ever wanted to know about Michal Jordan, the Michael Jordan of Michal Jordans.
- Favorite song: "Gangnam Style"
- Favorite food: steak ("a lot") and mashed potatoes
- Favorite princess: a very diplomatic "my fiancée"
- Favorite animal: lion
- Interesting fact about his country: really small; takes only eight hours to drive from one end to the other
- Favorite part of Miley Cyrus's "Party In the USA" in which to do hand gestures: the "butterflies fly away" part
- Would he buy a bear suit if given the OK by a little kid?: probably
- Favorite idiom: "Sometimes, that's just the way she goes"
And since it's his 23rd birthday, how about the top 23 highlights* for Michal?
* There are two highlights