The Miami Heat have not played a game in however many hours are in a week (Rovell is not returning calls). What did people even do back in those primitive days of one week ago? Did they even have smartphones? To help give you a basic understanding of what it was like back when the Miami Heat actually played basketball, we put together a list of news and notes from those bootstrapping days of mid-May.
- Ilya Bryzgalov got real about Philly.
- “How can we reach a point of national forgiveness?” was your The New York Times Quotation of the Day.
- Google introduced a new-fangled music subscription service. Paying for music, can you even imagine it, the Luddites?
- Immigration reform was a big deal way back in one-week-ago, 2013.
- A baseball player learned the meaning of life from a colleague's arm.
- The national weather service appropriately described a dramatic temperature rise in central Pennsylvania.
And, from the More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same department,
Photo Credit: Getty