Maybe this is little more than CBS synergy, but it's still good to see Louisville's Kevin Ware talking instead of screaming.
Ware joined last night's Late Show for an interview via satellite from Atlanta, where he's with his teammates preparing for Saturday's Final Four matchup against Wichita State. While he may not have the comedic timing of, say, Roger Ebert, it still worked.
The Top Ten things going through Kevin Ware's mind when he broke his leg:
10. “What was that loud cracking sound?”
9. “I hope this doesn’t leave a bruise”
8. “Hey look — my tibia!”
6. “Did it go in?”
5. “Oh, boy . . . hospital food!”
4. “Tape it up, coach, I’m staying in”
3. “They fired Leno?”
2. “Heat, then ice or ice, then heat?”
1. “At least my bracket’s not busted.”