Second Man Connected To Aaron Hernandez Murder Case Is In CustodyS

Multiple outlets are reporting that a second man allegedly involved in the murder of Odin Lloyd has been arrested in Connecticut.

The Hartford Courant said Wednesday that 27-year-old Carlos Ortiz was arrested by cops in Bristol, Conn., and arraigned right away. The newspaper said Ortiz had been charged with "being a fugitive from justice." He had been on probation, and he had a probation hearing scheduled for Wednesday. Ortiz's record includes past arrests for larceny and criminal mischief, but he's being held on $1.5 million bail, and he waived extradition to Massachusetts. A judge has sealed all records connected to his case.

The Boston Globe noted that Ortiz was detained "in connection with [Lloyd] case." And MassLive reported that Ortiz has photos of Hernandez on his Facebook page. It is not known if Ortiz is the friend from Connecticut Hernandez texted on the night of the murder, requesting that he come see him and demanding that he "hurry."

Photo credit: Associated Press