She doesn't actually mention him by name, but we know that prolific Internet horse poet Dee Mirich has been touched in a profound way by Will's imminent departure. Just read between the lines of her latest poem and you'll find a stirring tribute to Will, Deadspin, and of course Grade II Peter Pan Stakes winner Casino… »
What to watch after a man in a gorilla suit steals your pants ...
• Horse racing: Preakness post position draw, at Baltimore (5 p.m., ET). Do not bother me for the next two hours! [ESPN2]
• MLB: Atlanta at Philadelphia (7 p.m., ET). Bring me the head of the Phillie Phanatic. [ESPN]
• NBA: Eastern Conference… »
Just because you have a famous brother doesn't mean that you will approach the heights of greatness yourself, as anyone who has seen a Daniel Baldwin movie will readily attest. We've previously written about Barbaro's younger brother, of course, but now the horse — named Nicanor — is ready to make his racing debut.… »
Many of us have wondered why prolific message board poet Dee Mirich has remained silent on the tragic Eight Belles Kentucky Derby accident. After all, when Barbaro fell, you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one of her offerings. But now all is clear: Ms. Mirich had been working feverishly on her magnum opus;… »
Backing the wrong horse is always deadly in politics, especially when it's an actual horse. Poor Hillary Clinton. How can someone get into trouble just betting on the Kentucky Derby? By making a huge deal about placing a bet on a horse that had to be destroyed right on the track, that's how. Now PETA is firing… »
What Dee Mirich missed while furiously writing about 200 angry poems ...
• MLB: Barry Bonds asks judge to dismiss perjury charges on the grounds that he didn't understand the questions (laugh track).
• College basketball: Five overtimes? Is that all? I once saw Sister Hazel do eight encores. Baylor 116, Texas A&M 110.
I used to think that I knew what Dee Mirich was writing about. I would read her impassioned, fractured poetry on various horse racing message boards, and nod knowingly. "Yes," I would say to myself, "Angels DO prefer hitching their horses to rainbows." But lately, Dee has been listing toward crazy even more than usual… »