"Aaron Rouse returned one of his three interceptions 46 yards for a touchdown to help the Virginia Destroyers win the United Football League championship game, 17-3 over the Las Vegas Locomotives on Friday night. ... The Destroyers gave coach Marty Schottenheimer his first pro title." »
We kind of can't believe Norv Turner is back coaching in the NFL. here's what they're saying about the Norv Turner hire in San Diego ... »
Well you won't have Marty Schottenheimer to kick around any more, you ungrateful ... oh wait, sorry. Yes you will. The Chargers announced on Wednesday that their embattled head coach will be sticking around in 2007, as the organization adopts a "Let's just wait and see what happens" attitude that pleases a few,… »
Deadspin associate editor Rick Chandler made a rather surprising confession to us the other day, and we demanded he write about it. So he now has the floor. »
We're not sure what more one can say about Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer. We do have a suggestion though: Maybe it's time to start wearing that headset like every other coach. That way, perhaps you won't end up challenging calls that obviously aren't going to be overturned, costing you a timeout that, uh, you… »
• San Diego 7, Kansas City 20. So, what did you use for pregame motivation, Marty, the tape of Jim Mora screaming, "PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?!" I feel much pain.
• Buffalo 37, Cincinnati 27. Rough day for Chad Johnson. First, someone stole his reindeer (I HATE YOU, whoever it was), and then, they lose to the Bills, of all… »
• It's funny, because if you remember when Guenther Cunningham actually coached the Chiefs, you'd understand that here, he's just giving his unique signal to go for two.
• It's like the Chargers suddenly remembered that Marty Schottenheimer's their coach.
• Anybody see the new ESPN magazine? (Anybody? Anybody?) In it,… »