If you had to guess which team in the TCU/SMU game was going to author an embarrassing highlight, you'd have guessed SMU, because they have been outscored this season 146-12. »
This is supposed to be TCU's "SuperFrog" mascot, though it looks more like Sonic the Hedgehog waiting patiently for a crosstown bus. The student-body president is in a bit of trouble now that it's emerged that the school's student government never actually voted on the hideous thing. Did we mention that it cost… »
TCU might have been a geographic misfit when it joined the Big East, but its admission was thought by some to be the logical conclusion of the vision of the league's late founder, Dave Gavitt. On second thought, the school's exit for the Big 12 nine months before its Big East membership took effect actually might be.… »
Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day. »
In sports, everyone is a winner—some people just win better than others. Like those who watched the Fiesta Bowl's cornucopia of bizarre and occasionally disturbing images. And then flooded our inbox with every single one of them. »
Angered over a recent editorial in the school paper, the head football coach at Wisconsin-Whitewater has denied student reporters any access to his team this coming fall. »
What you missed while prying Tom Brady's clammy mitts off of your girlfriend ...
• Small Ball: Aaron Small goes to 8-0 as Yankees creep to with 1 1/2 of Red Sox.
• Going Frog Wild: TCU snaps Utah's 18-game football win streak.
• Cardinals clinch playoffs, prepare to sit at top of dugout railing and mock other teams. »
What to watch as, somewhere out there, Russell Crowe is beating up a guy ...
• College FB: Utah at TCU. Yeah, we're wearing a Horned Frogs beer helmet. What of it?
• WNBA Finals: Sacramento at Connecticut. Quick, what are the two team nicknames? Oh, time's up.
• MLB: Marlins at Astros. Andy Pettitte helps Houston… »