No, really. That's it. That's Spencer Hadley, senior linebacker, having what looks like a swell time in this undated photo from what looks like a club located in the dark heart of somewhere sinful. Hadley's the one in the greenish-blue shirt in the middle, holding up a bottle of what we're guessing is Dom Pérignon. »
Today, a week after his death, many of Rick Majerus' friends, former players and colleagues gathered to wish the basketball coach farewell from this mortal coil. Del Harris and George Karl were reportedly there, as was Glenn Rivers, whose nickname Majerus pinned on him years ago when he saw the young man wearing a… »
First, this, from Loyola University of Chicago's head basketball coach and onetime Rick Majerus assistant Porter Moser: »
Above, the uncanny floundering of USC wide receiver and All-American Robert Woods after he got spun around on a helmet-to-helmet hit. The spin itself might have made him dizzy—Woods does a full 180 after the hit—but as Jesse Palmer noted during the aftermath, it was pretty obvious Woods had his "bell rung." When… »
Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City became the stage for farce in the closing moments of last night's Holy War game between Utah and BYU, as fan confusion over the end of the game led to them rushing the field three times. »
A Utah state trooper pulled over to a car parked on the shoulder of S.R. 201 early Sunday morning — and facing in the wrong direction. The driver was an intoxicated University of Utah linebacker, Nai Fotu, who told the trooper he'd had "one beer, two beers" with his teammates at the University campus. Fotu, 22, was… »
Midwest Region: No. 5 Utah (24-9) vs. No. 12 Arizona (19-13)
When: Friday, 7:10 p.m., EDT
Where: American Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida
1) Fun Facts The men's basketball team won the NCAA title in 1944 and the NIT crown in 1947. Arnie Ferrin, the only four-time All-American in Utah basketball history,… »
Utah is 13-0, but the voters who help determine the BCS rankings know that the Utes are probably about the fifth best team out there. How do they know? They just do, okay! »
This is going to be a very laid back, no- hassle day spent perusing the internet for sports-related ephemera until the NFL games start. Right now, I'm in NYC at a coffee shop at 13th and B. Please stop by and say hello if you're in the area. »
What you missed while prying Tom Brady's clammy mitts off of your girlfriend ...
• Small Ball: Aaron Small goes to 8-0 as Yankees creep to with 1 1/2 of Red Sox.
• Going Frog Wild: TCU snaps Utah's 18-game football win streak.
• Cardinals clinch playoffs, prepare to sit at top of dugout railing and mock other teams. »
What to watch as, somewhere out there, Russell Crowe is beating up a guy ...
• College FB: Utah at TCU. Yeah, we're wearing a Horned Frogs beer helmet. What of it?
• WNBA Finals: Sacramento at Connecticut. Quick, what are the two team nicknames? Oh, time's up.
• MLB: Marlins at Astros. Andy Pettitte helps Houston… »