As one might imagine, there's quite a commotion over at Ben Roethlisberger — Official Blog. The Steelers quarterback is pretty popular after that upset of the Colts, as is evidenced in the comments section of his latest post (actually, he didn't write it. He has a "team" that handles that).
Here's a rough comments breakdown:
• People wanting Ben to "stay gorgeous": 21.
• People noting that they are old enough to be Ben's mother: 3.
• People noting Ben's tackling skills: 91.
• People noting Ben's quarterbacking skills: 22.
• Open invitation for Ben to stop by for a beer anytime he is in Central Pennsylvania: 1.
• Artists' renditions of Ben throwing what looks to be a small dish towel: 1.
• Appearance of the word "awesome" in capital letters: 57.
• Reports of dogs which ran off during the game and haven't come back: 2.
• Announcements that Miami of Ohio offensive lineman Todd Londot has made the Hula Bowl roster: 1.
• Best come-on (female division): "I'm 22, graduating in May from Appalachian State in NC, I love Jesus with everything in me (like you do), I am obsessed with football but I'm not a tomboy, and I am quite infatuated with you! There is my shameless plug for myself that I just had to do because I had to try. Ideally, you would e-mail me back after you play valiantly but lose to the Panthers in the Superbowl."
• Best come-on (male division): "I also like the facial hair, looks great on you." — Eddie.
Ben Roethlisberger — Official Blog [Typepad]