As we revisit the circumstances of Ben Roethlisberger's accident from yesterday, before we talk about Big Ben himself, we feel obliged to mention: Boy, Charlie Batch sure made it to the hospital awfully fast! Certainly it was somewhat unseemly for Batch to have shown up so quickly? Was Roethlisberger really happy to see him?
Anyway, here's a roundup of Big Ben info:
• Doctors say Roethlisberger has no knee injuries — as some had originally feared — and they would know, considering they spend seven hours with him in surgery.
• Here's some more ugly, ugly photos from the crash site.
• What was the planned October 1 promotion for the Pirates? "Ben Roethlisberger Motorcycle Safety Course Day." OK, not really, but definitely some nice foreshadowing from the Post-Gazette's Gene Collier.
• The hardcore Steelers fans at Dave's Football Blog are doing what they can to smile through the pain. And failing.
• Until they deleted it last night, you could buy parts of Roethlisberger's bike on eBay. Of course you could.