It's hard to believe, but the NBA season is just around the corner. Let us celebrate with five tiny tidbits on each team. Today we continue with the Central Division, so do us a favor and send us your tips at email@example.com.
• 1. Can You Tell Us How To Get To Tallahassee? Marquis Daniels has a tattoo of a fairly detailed map of Florida that covers his entire back. Among other tattoos on his person are a man blowing his head off with a shotgun (on his lower right arm); Chinese characters (on his left arm); and various knives and inscriptions.
• 2. Pretty In Pink.Times in Indiana are changing with the massive overhaul of the Pacers offseason roster. For the past three years, headlines about the Pacers have involved locker room discord, team-imposed suspensions and some incident in the stands of Detroit. Need proof that Indy's controversial days are behind them? Check out this recent headline. — (Thanks to Tom Costello).
• 3. Enchantment Under The Sea. Jermaine O'Neal took a girl to her high school prom in May 2004, even though he was engaged at the time. He did, however, have permission from his fiance. O'Neal has also been Punk'd four times; once when he was invited to a party, and was not admitted because he didn't bring any girls.
• 4. He's Got Next Game. Jamaal Tinsley developed his game playing at New York City's legendary Rucker Park as a teenager, as did such basketball greats as Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, Nate Archibald, Earl Monroe and Allen Iverson.
• 5. Whistle Stop. Haywoode Workman, who played for the Pacers from 1993-1997, also spent half a season playing for the Topeka Sizzlers. And here's something you don't see every day; Workman is currently working towards becoming an NBA official.