• So we actually stayed up and watched the full scale of the Bears' dismantling of the defending NFC champions last night, and we're pretty sure nobody's going to beat Chicago for quite a while. It actually hurt us to watch them hurt the Seahawks; everyone looked bigger, stronger, faster, meaner. (Heavens, what these guys are gonna to do poor Matty Leinart in a couple of weeks ... on national television, no less.) It's looking extremely likely the Bears will be undefeated at least halfway into November.
• Seriously, Miami really is gonna have to start Joey Harrington soon. That's actually going to happen.
• Our favorite quote from the weekend, from the great Mighty MJD: "I'll go on record as saying that Terrell Owens vs. Pac Man Jones is the most emotionally unstable one-on-one matchup in NFL history. I'd have loved to hear their pre-game conversation:
Owens: Hey Pac, how you doin'?
Jones: Not too good, man.
Owens: Yeah, me neither."
• What's the big deal about Albert Haynesworth stomping on that Cowboys' head? What's with all the outrage? Wuss.
• Speaking of the Bears, Ricky Manning Jr. was everywhere last night, treating Matt Hasselbeck as if he were on a laptop or something/
• Oakland scored an offensive touchdown. Did you guys see that? Awesome, seriously.
• Coming into the season, we thought the Jets were the worst team in the NFL, even more terrible than Oakland. And then a Mangini came to lead them. We salute his hallowed name.