Checking in with the blogs following Detroit's 3-1 win over St. Louis in Game Two of the World Series ...
• The Detroit Tigers Weblog. Now there will be quite a bit made of the gunk on Rogers hand. He had it there in the other playoff games as well. I don't know what to make of it, and when I say that I don't know what Rogers gains from it. He certainly didn't struggle after it was removed. He also didn't seem to be trying to hide it. But if the Caridnals had a chance to get Rogers out of the game, and perhaps the series, I'm not sure why they wouldn't have tried to do it.
• Viva El Birdos. Going home 1-1 with Carp on the mound Tuesday, I feel good about that. And all I gotta say is if there is a game 6, I'll be mad if Rogers is pitching. Cheat. But I will give him credit, obviously the other 7 innings weren't just pine tar innings. At least I don't think so.
• Roar Of The Tigers. Never been to a world series game before. insane. INSANE. mostly: SO FREAKIN' COLD. also, packed. also, towel waving looks much cooler in person than it does on tv. spotted jeannie zelasko wandering around the sideline before the game, was wondering who the dude with awful hair with her was. then i realized. ha ha, oh eric byrnes, the long black jacket is incapable of classing up that dead echidna on your noggin.
• Redbirds Fun. Kenny Rogers is clearly a liar that's gotten in trouble once and when he gets in trouble again, he gets away with it. He states that it was just a "clump of dirt." Any foreign substance should have been cause for ejection. Why, oh umpires, why did you not eject Kenny Rogers when he CLEARLY cheated it not 1, not 2, but 3 series now!!
• Bless You Boys. I'm afraid that only negative things can come out of that "mysterious substance" on Kenny's hand in the first inning. My question is if it was definitely an illegal substance, why wouldn't the umps have taken action right there? Maybe I missed something. Either way, I'm not liking the fact that this is going to be brought up on a night when, "post-substance", Rogers was pretty dominant.