As much as I'd like to discuss yesterday's crazy college game, I fear I wouldn't do it any justice. Whoa, whoa, wait a second. Where have I heard that line before? Oh, that's right ... the last time LSU lost a triple OT football game! (Creepy, eh? I must have like cool anti-Tiger powers or something. I could probably kick Battle Cat's ass.) Anyway, let's see what the Internets are saying about Arkansas' remarkable 50-48 triple-overtime win over No. 1 LSU ...
• LSU Loses! BCS Mayhem! Doesn't anyone want to play in the BCS title game? LSU is d-o-n-e, and the Missouri-Kansas winner still has to get past Oklahoma. West Virginia seems to be on deck, but still has to win twice. Ohio State suddenly might not have to back their way in. Les Miles Watch: I'd say this loss means he's as good as gone to Michigan (since he won't have a national title to play for). LSU fans are left wondering if their team was either distracted - or just plain caught looking ahead. Neither is good. [Dan Shanoff]
• Did We Have A Game Today? My family is in town for the Thanksgiving holiday, and my dad and I watched the game in my parents' hotel room. During the waning minutes of the ultra-tense fourth quarter, the hotel fire alarm went off, further agitating our already fried nerves. Thankfully, the room is on the first floor and has a sliding glass backdoor opening up to a courtyard; we decided that if it became apparent that we were truly in danger, we could get out easily enough. It wasn't anything close to a reckless decision, but the memory of watching those crazy final moments of regulation with that insistent, ear-shredding buzzer sound will stay with me forever. [Razorback Expats]
• No. 1 No More: Les Miles' Bag of Lucky Charms Finally Comes Up Empty. Incredible game. INCREDIBLE. Especially with so much on the line for both teams. But Arkansas came up the victor. LSU's title hopes are dead. And maybe Houston Nutt will coach again in Fayetteville. I've contended at times this year that Les Miles has been lucky rather than good, or more specifically, his talent has carried him when his coaching acumen has not. Today, he finally ran out of extra chances. LSU fans will now likely send Miles to Michigan with their compliments. [The FanHouse]
• LSU Just Lost And Armageddon At Arrowhead Just Got Bigger. Basically, LSU's second loss in 3 OT just made the biggest Kansas-Misery game in the history of the world even bigger; the biggest game of the season even bigger. The winner will become the #1 team in the country, and nobody will really complain. If the winner goes on to win in San Antonio, they will be the favorite to win the National Championship game. [Rock Chalk Talk]
• So You're Telling Me There's Still A Chance... Did Michigan do the Bucks the world's greatest favor by distracting Miles and the Tigers? At any rate, we welcome Leslie to Michigan next year. The more I see of him in action, the more reckless and out of control he appears coaching. He's just been blessed with incredible talent and insane luck. Until today. [Eleven Warriors]
• GIGGITY-GIGGITY-GIGGITY! David Lee, offensive coordinator: "Houston, man. I was thinking toss right with Jones."
Houston Nutt, head coach, Arkansas: "GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY!!! WWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! BLOTUNK BARFARKUS WOONDANGITY GIGGITY HOOOO!!!"
David Lee: "Hey, seriously. We're burning clock here. I got toss right to Jones for the win, Coach."
Nutt:"GOOD GREAT DANCING BOOGITY OOGITY! RAZORBACK FOOTBALL OHHH MAMIEEE SHANKY BACKRATTACKUS FLIRTIN' WITH DISASTERATOOOIIIEEE GIGGITY BULLFROG!!!!"
David Lee: "Toss right to Jones, then."
Nutt:"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHM GONNA BIDRIDINKUS COACH FOOTBAW JAGGETY BAGGITY BILBO BAGGINS TAINTSLAP DOOGITY DINKEE HOOOAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!" [EDSBS]