• Hold the applesauce: There's a minor league hockey team called the Iowa Chops (as in pork) and their cheerleading squad is called the Baby Backs (as in Sir Mix-A-Lot).
• There was throwing all right: Two Belarus hammer throwers have been stripped of their Beijing Olympic medals because of doping offenses. I know how they feel. I ordered two Belarus hammer throwers at the bar last night and I still can't remember how I ended up in that dumpster behind the Denny's. [Steroid Nation]
• Not the answer?: Believe it or not, the Allen Iverson in Detroit experiment has not gone that smoothly. [Empty the Bench]
• Go ahead and keep that Zune: What ridiculous swag will your college team be taking home from their bowl? A book of carpet samples! [Sox and Dawgs]
• No maths, please: Trying to figure out NFL tiebreakers is an exercise in futility. Like trying to figure out the tip at a Denny's at six in the morning. [No Joshin]