It really takes a lot of guts to buy (and wear) a gag jersey. You're basically paying $150 for a wearable punchline. Sometimes it works great and sometimes....well, they get sent to us and we make a gallery.

The Favrebag seemed to generate a lot of interest from readers, as the last couple of days have seen a flood of submissions of fans who just couldn't resist the opportunity to wear their sense of humor on their back. Fashion-comedy genius or a waste of good polyester? You decide.

Keep sending more and we'll add them to collection. (Also check out Puck Daddy's "Jersey Fouls" for more shirt-based awkwardness.)

This one gets points for difficulty, because it requires both partners to be in sync for the joke to work. Sadly, it loses points because the people behind them are trying to eat nachos. [Submitted by reader Arthur]

Unnecessary capitalization. YEs! yES! YES! [Submitted by Brent]

Eh. That's not so drunk. (Nice helmet though.) [Submitted by Shannon]

Hey, Utah! Get me two. [Submitted by Andrew, Taken at Eagles-Chiefs game in Philly]

Celebrating the greatest moment in White Sox fan history. Plus, elder abuse is always good for a chuckle. [Submitted by Alex - "Taken at the 9/25 Sox-Tigers game"]

This is more confusing than Kordell Stewart's career. [Submitted by Zach - Taken at Bears-Steelers game, Week 2]

It took a long time, but being a Steve Bono fan finally pays off. [Submitted by Sully]

Don't ask me.... [Bangin Panger]

Again, I'm not really sure who we're talking about anymore. [Submitted by John]

When Stinky Met Pujols

Truth In Labeling?

No Autographs, Please. Mr. Hellraiser Has A Plane To Catch

There's 60% chance that this guy is actually named Hingis and a 40% chance that this is actually an NFL Europe jersey. Either way, it's still confusing. [Submitted by JNP - no other info]

And that's the bottom line, because I stole this from Drew Bledsoe's closet. [Submitted by John S. - "walking into the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston for the 10th anniversary of WWE Smackdown, of course."]

Sigh.... [Submitted by Brendan]

The Legend of Najeh Davenport will live forever. [Submitted by Ben]

No idea... [Submitted by Meg]

This jersey is included here not for the slur—again, when you put this on your back, you are now describing yourself—but for the duct tape that takes the pathetic to a whole other level. [Submitted by Jeff H.]

"Don't give me this 'olé' bullshit." [Submitted by Jody C.]

When you think about it, is this really an insult? [Submitted by Cameron F.]

Gee, you'd think the First Lady could score better seats. [Submitted by Ricardo]

Truth in advertising. The guy definitely has a helmet painted on his head. [Submitted by Phil G. - "taken at Colts - Seahawks game"]

You know, there aren't a lot of folks left these days willing to criticize international terrorism via t-shirt. Thank you, sir, for your courage. [Submitted by John T. - "Snapped this from my terrible seats during the Redskins thrilling 9-7 win over the Rams in week 2."]

IhateyousomuchexceptforJimEdmondshe'sokayiguess. [Submitted by Boose, in St. Louis]

According to the submitter: "This was taken at a Mets/Cards game in august of '08. At one point, they played "Enter Sandman" over the PA and this guy totally lost his shit." Wow. That is a surprising detail! [Submitted by Chris H.]

Almost there.... [via]

There we go. Taking it biblical was exactly what we needed here. [Submitted by Cameron D. - no, not that one.]

It's a shame. With just a slight adjustment that could have said "Wicker." [Submitted by Dale N.]

Did you ever wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "You know what? I need to make a permanent tribute to a terrible movie that no one ever talks about or even remembers fondly and then wear that on my back." Yeah, me neither. [Submitted by Ryan W. - "at the Phillies-Rockies game"]

No sign of Laser or Blazer? [Submitted by Areyh]

The good thing is that we now know Garrett Atkins clubhouse nickname. At least, I hope that's Garrett Atkins and not their new closer. [Photo via Denver Post]

This is the last thing you see before you drive your car into the wall of the Big Dig. [Submitted by Marshall S. - "on the 55 freeway last night (Oct. 9) on our way to Angels Stadium."]