Javier Vazquez's last start for the New York Yankees left the franchise flying pretty darn high. Everything after that was a bit of a blur, but why not give it another whirl? Watch your hands, because this is a HOTFUCKINGSTOVE!
Vazquez was the winning pitcher in Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS, a 19-8 shellacking that gave the Bombers an insurmountable 3-0 lead in the series. Then some other stuff happened and he departed for other pastures. Five years and three teams later, he somehow pulled a career year out of his 32-year-old body and the Yanks decided to get the gang back together. They traded superfluous outfielder Melky Cabrera to Atlanta to add the 2004 "hero" to their championship roster. Oh, and he'll be their fourth starter, because why not?
Kevin Brown? Uh ... we'll call you.
• Oh, and the Yankees are once again the only team to pay the luxury tax. I hear it's coming out of Kate Hudson's cut of the gross.
• Are the Mariners aware that they traded pitcher Brandon Morrow for pitcher Brandon League? There's a lot of potential for confusion there.
• Ken Rosenthal throws some shit at the wall.
• The Mets are considering Pedro Mark II. Yeah, that should exorcise the demons real quick.
• Buy Jayson Stark's book, would you?