Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and the blogosphere to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
* The AFC won the Pro Bowl! The AFC won the Pro Bowl! Matt Schaub to the rescue! I always knew he could do it, but I think this quote sums up the whole night.
"It's different. It was like 7 on 7," NFC linebacker Brian Orakpo said. "Everybody came out here trying not to get hurt and give the fans a good show."
Gee. Sorry, I missed that. [ESPN]
* Kobe Bryant called his final shot, nailing the game-winner with seven seconds left, as the Lakers beat the Celtics again. Boston has lost three straight, but still has a healthy lead in their division, because that's the Atlantic for you. [LA Times]
* This sorta looks like the NFL logo, I guess. [Photo via Facebook/Smoot]
* Dwight Freeney maybe has a torn ankle ligament and is questionably questionable for the Super Bowl. [AP]
* Chris Paul is definitely hurt and will miss at least a month with knee surgery. [Yahoo]
* Finally, how does a high school kid get his basketball highlights on SportsCenter? This is how....