Because no one reads the newspaper, and SportsCenter's anchors are too perky for this early in the morning, Deadspin combs the best of the broadsheets and internets to bring you everything you need to know to start your day.
• And so it ends for Brett Favre as we all knew it would: concussed by a rookie out of Northwestern, face buried in the turf of a Minneapolis rent-a-tundra, Mike Tirico saying, "The flash, apparently official ...," removing his glasses, and facing a shattered nation. A plea to our sports media: You have been eulogizing this man's career since 2006, by my count. You eulogized after last year's loss to the Saints. You eulogized at the beginning of this season. You eulogized when he hurt his ankle. You eulogized when he hurt his shoulder. You eulogized when his streak ended. You eulogized when he returned last night, and then again, on the fly, when he left for good. Please, America, can we dispense with the eulogizing this time and just talk about the man's penis?
• You are hereby encouraged to submit questions to Roger Goodell's live chat at 3 p.m. today.
• And how did you spend your Sunday night, Tom Coughlin?
[Coughlin] went home and sat in a room without lights for 2 1/2 hours after probably the most bitter loss of his career
• And how's by you, Matt Dodge?
Q: I think most people realize far more things went wrong. Obviously a lot of heat is on you though.
A: Remember the last play, yeah.
• Maryland locks Ralph Friedgen in a darkened shed, so to speak.
Image via 30fps, naturally
* * * * * *