College football is full of hypotheticals. What if the ref had called that play differently? What if the kicker had adjusted slightly to the left? What if the sad man-tiger in the video above hadn't been caught deserting his team by coaching legend Les Miles? Most of the time these questions remain frustratingly unanswerable, but now there is a way to get closure on some of football's biggest "what ifs."
For the first time in franchise history, fans of EA Sports' NCAA Football 13 can place former Heisman Trophy winners on any team of their choosing. They can even pick a player from the rival side — even if it means betraying their team's loyalty. Finally, Ohio State fans can know what it would have felt like to have Desmond Howard playing for them, and, for once, someone besides Baylor can take joy in seeing Robert Griffin III walk on to the field.
Here are some of the playable Heisman legends:
- Marcus Allen– 1981 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
- Doug Flutie– 1984 Heisman Trophy recipient, Boston College
- Eddie George– 1995 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
- Robert Griffin III– 2011 Heisman Trophy recipient, Baylor University
- Desmond Howard– 1991 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Michigan
- Carson Palmer– 2002 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
- Barry Sanders– 1988 Heisman Trophy recipient, Oklahoma State University
- Charlie Ward– 1993 Heisman Trophy recipient, Florida State University
- Archie Griffin– 1974 and 1975 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University*
- Jim Plunkett– 1970 Heisman Trophy recipient, Stanford University*
How far would you go to win a Heisman? Head here to get your copy of EA Sports' NCAA Football 13 and find out for yourself.
* Available through the NCAA Football 13 demo download.