• MLB: Mets 1, Padres 2, 14 innings. There were no Julio Franco heroics last night, as a 14 inning game cuts into his ability to watch Murder, She Wrote and yell at his kids for never calling.
• NHL Playoffs: Edmonton 2, Detroit 3. Kirk Maltby scores an accidental goal in the 2nd overtime to give the Wings a 1-0 series lead.
• NHL Playoffs: Tampa Bay 1, Ottawa 4. The Sens bumrush the Lightning in the third. Attendance, says ESPN.com, was 19,660, which they list as "106.3% full." I'm calling the fire marshall.
• NHL Playoffs: San Jose 3, Nashville 4. Two cities steeped in rich hockey tradition play some ol' time hockey. Paul Kariya assists on all four Nashville goals.
• NHL Playoffs: Anahaiem 1, Calgary 2.. Big ugly mucker/grinder Darren McCarty scored the game winner, and I'm officially out of things to say about hockey.
And by the way, hello gang. MJD is tickled to be back with you. And, as always, if you have any tips, or if there's anything I can do for you, feel free: firstname.lastname@example.org.