Alright, we're back from a brief respite, and I've made the transition from sports bar back to my comfortable abode. Here are some of the picks that Chris Berman has ruined for you (more on his in a second):
21) New England: Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota. Here's a pick that I'd love to hammer, but sadly, Bill Belichick is known as just a slightly better talent evaluator than I am. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to guess that Maroney might've been available quite a bit later.
22) San Francisco: Manny Lawson, DE, NC State. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about Manny Lawson. He's a defensive end, and he probably has a great motor or something like that.
23) Tampa Bay: Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma. It's an offensive lineman, and it's not Winston Justice. "Character issues" is a bit of an understatement.
24) Cincinnati: Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina. Pretty decent value for the Bengals here, I'd think. Guy has 4.31 speed.
25) Pittsburgh: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State. The Steelers come in with some draft day boldness. It's un-Steeler like not only to trade up, but to take a speedy little WR. He's probably an upgrade over the departed Randle-El, right now.
26) Buffalo: John McCargo, DT, NC State. Alright, is North Carolina State's defensive line going to completely suck next year? What, are they breeding them? This is insane. And someone in Buffalo should call the trainer; I think the GM sprained his arm on this reach.
The rest of the first round, coming soon...