Time to pull back the curtain a bit and reveal our 101 most popular posts of the year. We have our own ideas about which posts best represent what the site is all about, but this list is all about what you, the readers, flocked to.
Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax
Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, the stories said, played this season under a terrible burden. A Mormon linebacker who led his Catholic school's football program back to glory, Te'o was whipsawed between personal tragedies along the way. In the span of six hours in September, as Sports Illustrated told it, Te'o learned first of the death of his grandmother, Annette Santiago, and then of the death of his girlfriend, Lennay Kekua. Read...
When I was a kid, I would dream up completely insane presents to put on my Christmas wish list—shit that no parent could ever possibly afford and no child could ever possibly deserve. And every year, my parents would tell me before Christmas that I would NOT be getting the little race car I saw on the Obstacle Course round of Double Dare. They would sit me down and explain that Santa wasn't a Formula One mechanic and that I shouldn't be a fucking idiot. Read...
This skit features Jason Sudeikis as Ted Lasso, an American football coach hired to manage Tottenham Hotspur in England. Look at all the differences! It's a dumb premise, but the jokes are legitimately funny. Who knew so many football clubs were just like the Dallas Cowboys? Read...
Question: "A recent report shows that in 40 percent of American families with children, women are the primary earners, yet they continue to earn less than men. What does this say about society?" Read...
Bay Area Fox affiliate KTVU purportedly learned the names of the flight crew of Asiana flight 214, which crashed last Saturday at San Francisco International Airport, killing two. These—"Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow"—are not their names. The newscaster's credulous reading puts it over the top. Read...
The Ohio State band performed an impressive Michael Jackson tribute last week. Yesterday, the band played a medley of movie theme songs, which doesn't sound that impressive until you watch Harry Potter riding on a broomstick or a T-Rex walking across the field and remember, "Oh yeah, those are people." Read...
You may have heard that the highest-paid employee in each state is usually the football coach at the largest state school. This is actually a gross mischaracterization: Sometimes it is the basketball coach. Read...
Crossing Broad brings us video of Riley Cooper, the guy who is supposed to replace the injured Jeremy Maclin as the Eagles' No. 2 wide receiver, being a racist hillbilly at a Kenny Chesney concert. Read...
I realize you're going to spend Independence Day happily drinking whatever cold adult beverage you're served, because you're polite and you're an alcoholic. And I trust you'll have a fine old time no matter what you drink. But that doesn't mean America's shitbrews are all the same. The list below breaks down 36 of them, from worst to least-worst. Read...
An Idiot on the Field might have made history for being the drunkest Idiot ever recorded as she allegedly tried to jump onto the field during Saturday's Northern Illinois-Iowa game in Iowa City. Read...
This is fun. Here we have an audiotape of Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini flipping his shit about both the media and the Cornhuskers' fans after a 2011 game. Why are we getting this now? Well, our tipster was particularly exercised by Nebraska's flameout against UCLA on Saturday, which has led to someawkwardness in Huskerdom. In the 2011 audio, Pelini says the word "fuck" a lot. He seems to have no idea he was being recorded. Read...
Last Sunday, an amateur soccer match in Brazil came to an unbelievably gruesome end when a referee was murdered by outraged fans. His head was then cut off and placed on a spike. The beheading was retaliation; the ref initially stabbed a player to death. Read...
What are the United States' best regional foodstuffs? Its worst? These are the questions that bedevil the mind of man—but no longer! For here, we have ranked them. Rigorously scientific (not), ardently researched (nope), and scrupulously fair (not even a little bit): this is the Great American Menu! Read...
As MetLife Stadium let out after the Jets' OT win over the Patriots, a fan brawl eventually resulted in one man punching a woman in the head. What do you expect from a jamoke in a Wayne Chrebet jersey and green camouflage pants? Read...
I have a house and, like most houses, it's an unfinished work. There are cracks in the paint. There are piles of old clothes and shoes exploding out of the laundry room, which doubles as a storage room because we don't have a storage room. The walls in our bedroom are bare because we haven't had time to hang pictures on them since we moved in 10 years ago. We need a pantry, but don't have one. We just cram cans of food and boxes of pasta into the front hall closet with the coats and shoes because there's nowhere else to put them. We do not have a larder. I don't know what a larder is but it sounds fucking great. It sounds like you keep LARD in it, and that suits me nicely. But for now, this loving house will do, in all its imperfections. I suspect most houses are like this. There's always some goddamn project that needs to get done and never does. Read...
Two people were hurt when a man fell from the third deck of Ralph Wilson Stadium during today's Jets-Bills game, and CBS's camera caught the incident while most viewers were away at commercial. Read...
We love the game. We love the players, too, even when they scare us. Read...
Kids, don't drink and run. Read...
When news broke eight days ago that reigning Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel faces an NCAA investigation into whether he sold autographs, the college football world reacted with either confusion or outright skepticism. After all, the press had created an image of the Manziel family that suggested something out of TV's Dallas.Wright Thompson's recent ESPN The Magazine feature alluded to the "Texas oil fortune" that "still funds the family." As Manziel's father, Paul, told Thompson, "It's not Garth Brooks money, but it's a lot of money." If Johnny Football's so rich, the thinking went, why would he stoop to selling autographs for pocket change? Read...
There's a new Anchorman movie coming out, which means Will Ferrell is making the rounds in character—ranging from Dodge ads to Canadian curling coverage. Tonight, he dropped by the studios of KXMB in Bismarck, North Dakota to co-anchor the CBS affiliate's broadcast following the Alabama-Auburn game. Here are some of the highlights. Read...
Richie Incognito finds himself at the center of the Dolphins' and the NFL's investigation of the bullying complaints of Jonathan Martin, who left the team last week. Incognito has been suspended indefinitely, and the latest report is that Incognito left Martin texts and voicemails "that are both threatening and racially charged in nature." Read...
- Here's Fred Couples Watching A Woman Streak At The Presidents Cup
- Rob Ford Denies "Eating Pussy" During Live, Televised Press Conference
- Man Buys Ticket To Game 1 Of World Series For $6 On StubHub
- Why Your Cardinals Suck
- How ESPN Pulled A Bullshit Colin Kaepernick Story Out Of Thin Air
- Alabama's Kicker Should Stay Off Of Twitter For A While
- Belmont Fan Sings Miley Cyrus Before UNC Missed Free Throw; Bruins Win
- "Oh My God, He's Attacked Somebody!" Rob Ford Goes On Rampage
- My Injury File: How I Shot, Smoked, And Screwed My Way Through The NFL
- A Redditor Has Been Leaking WWE Outcomes
- Reports: Adrian Peterson's 2-Year-Old Beaten, "Not Expected To Survive"
- 2013 Payrolls And Salaries For Every MLB Team
- The Ohio State Marching Band's Michael Jackson Tribute Was Fantastic
- Ridiculously Photogenic Running Back Stars In Impossible Photo
- Sources: Magic Johnson Left ESPN Because Of Bill Simmons
- Kids' Jeopardy! Ended With The Most Heartbreaking Wrong Answer Ever
- J.J. Redick And His Ex-Girlfriend Had An Abortion Contract
- Woman's Vine Captures Exact Moment Truck Flies Over Guardrail
- Sources: ESPN Laying Off Hundreds
- Lane Kiffin Was Fired In The Most Cold-Blooded Way
- Watch Mariano Rivera Leave The Field At Yankee Stadium, Forever
- Prosecutor: Aaron Hernandez "Orchestrated The Execution" Of Odin Lloyd
- The Mostly Sexless Sex Scandal That Shook ESPN
- Vernon Davis Tackled By His Dick
- Wolf Blitzer Asks Atheist Tornado Survivor, "Do You Thank The Lord?"
- Report: Aaron Hernandez Arrest "Likely"
- I Held Up The "Hi Lizzy Seeberg" Sign On ESPN's GameDay. Here's Why.
- Here Is @Vodka_Samm's .341 BAC Mug Shot
- Tim Duncan Is In The Middle Of A Remarkably Messy Divorce
- Idaho Sportscaster Does Entire Segment As Ron Burgundy
- Adorable Bunny Released Into Wild; Tragedy Ensues
- Eminem Acts Like Weirdo During Halftime Of Notre Dame-Michigan Game
- Why Don't The St. Louis Cardinals Respect The Game?
- Royals Fountain Lady Had A Hell Of A Night
- Kerry Rhodes Insists He's Not Gay, But At Least He Insists It Nicely
- Report: Richie Incognito Called Jonathan Martin A "Half-Nigger"
- Entire Buckeye Team Lines Up To Hug Anchor After His Daughter's Death
- This Is The Photo That Got A BYU Football Player Suspended
- Serena Williams On Steubenville: "I'm Not Blaming The Girl But ..."
- Here's Matt Harvey Asking New Yorkers What They Think Of Matt Harvey
- The WWE Needs Better Wardrobe People
- Witness In Trayvon Martin Trial Gives Perfect Answer To Stupid Question
- The End Of Georges St-Pierre
- Dwyane Wade's Ex-Wife Is Having A Meltdown In Downtown Chicago
- Braves Fan Ignores Baseball, Fondles Nearby Woman's Breasts Instead
- Michael Jordan's Son Tweets His Dick, Then Tweets About Mistake [NSFW]
- Brandon Marshall On "The Culture Of The NFL" Is Brilliant
- Topless Brewers Fan Jiggles Breasts Behind Home Plate
- Beer-Wielding Mets Fan Tumbles Over Seats
- Officer Who Arrested Idiot On The Field Writes Fantastic Arrest Report
- Teacher Accused Of Being High On Heroin In Class: "Roll Tide"
- The New Browns Facility's Walls Are Full Of Fake Quotes
- Nathan Fielder's Newest Text-Message Prank Is A Relationship-Killer
- The Game-Tying And Game-Winning Auburn Touchdowns In A Wild Iron Bowl
- The Cast Of The Sandlot Had A Reunion
- I Can't Stop Looking At This Picture Of Tyson Chandler's Tiny-Ass Legs
- Why The Hell Does Your Drink Cost So Much?
- Cheap Bourbons, Ranked
- This 7-Year-Old Jets Fan Is A Little Asshole
- Stanford Education Used To Create College GameDay Sign
- The Night Johnny Carson Found Out His Wife Was Banging Frank Gifford
- Skydivers Involved In Fiery, Two-Plane Crash Caught It All On Video
- Blowjob In The Stands Livens Up Indoor Volleyball [NSFW]
- Perfectly Timed Sports TV Graphics Are A Gift From God
- Shirtless Richie Incognito Drops An N-Bomb And Acts Like A Psycho
- University Of Texas Frat Party To Johnny Manziel: “Get The Fuck Out”
- Mike Tomlin Steps Onto Field, Prevents Jacoby Jones From Scoring TD
- Report From Buffalo: Kiko Alonso Jersey Traded For Blowjob
- Andrew Shaw Was Mic'd Up For His Game 1 Winner, And It's Fantastic
- Why Your Team Sucks 2013: Minnesota Vikings
- Is The NFL Blacklisting Kerry Rhodes?
- The Florida Panthers Really Packed 'Em In For Their Preseason Opener
- Watch As Grand Theft Auto Plays Out For Real In The Streets Of Chicago
- The 16 Worst Coaches In Modern NFL History
- Why Your Team Sucks 2013: Green Bay Packers
- Rhythmic Gymnast Throws Out Mind-Bending First Pitch
- Crazy Picture Captures Frog Being Blasted Into Sky By NASA Rocket
- Wildlife Camera Captures Bear Party That You Wish You'd Been Invited To
- Rivers: "I Would Like To Call (Simmons) An Idiot"; Simmons Fires Back
- Hey, It's 15 Years (And A Day) Since Mick Foley Got Thrown Off A Cage