It's hard to believe, but the NBA season is just around the corner. Let us celebrate with five tiny tidbits on each team. Today we continue with the Central Division, so do us a favor and send us your tips at email@example.com.
• 1. El Doh! Andr s Nocioni, who won a gold medal with the Argentine national team at the 2004 Olympics, shares both Argentine and Italian citizenship. His nickname is Chapu, after the Mexican children's TV series El Chapul n Colorado, which in Argentina is as popular as The Simpsons.
• 2. Not Chicken Feed. January 1991: The world famous San Diego Chicken grabs a Chicago Bulls cheerleader, dances with her and rolls her on the floor. She later sues and is awarded $317,000 in damages. — (Thanks to Garson Fischer).
• 3. Can't We All Just Get Along? Thabo Sefolosha, who was born in Vevey, Switzerland, has lived in five countries and speaks three languages (Italian, French and English).
• 4. Clank. Ben Wallace isn't just a poor free throw shooter; he is one of the worst free throw shooters in NBA history. As of October 2005, his NBA career average was 42.0 percent, the worst of any NBA player ever with 1,000 or more attempts. He has one of the best afros in the history of the game, however, which is only seen at home games. For road games he goes with cornrows, due to the fact that he used to get teased about his hair when he played on the road.
• 5. Bend It Like Deng. "Asylum Seeker" Luol Deng, a British citizen who was born in Wow, Sudan, recently signed a five-year, 41.6 million pound deal that made him one of the highest paid British sports stars ever; even ahead of David Beckham. — (Thanks to P. Whiteford).
Monday: The Indiana Pacers.