The Indianapolis Colts today waived linebacker Daniel Adongo, a week after police were called to investigate possible domestic violence involving him for the second time since October. Though no charges were filed in either case, the Colts’ roster move could be tied to today’s release of police reports on both calls.

In the first report, the woman told Fishers, Ind., police that she was afraid of Adongo, and cops said they spoke to her about the “options available to her.” In the second report, police noted visible injuries on the woman, including a black eye, cut lip, and marks on her wrists, and wrote that they suspected she was hiding more. But the woman told them she inflicted the injuries herself and refused to let investigators take photos.


Adongo had been benched since last week, with the reason listed as “not injury related.” At the time, the Indianapolis Star reported the benching was because of the police responding to his home due to a distress call, but few other details were given.

Here is the police narrative from Oct. 24, when the woman said she “was afraid of Adongo and she did not want to return to the residence”:

This report was listed as “domestic report, no battery.” Its status was listed as inactive, with no followup assigned.


Police responded to the home on Dec. 10. This time, they went after getting a report from Dawn Monks, who is described as a friend of the woman. Monks told police she woke up to two text messages, saying “911” and “Help.” Monks tried to call and text the woman, but didn’t hear back. Here is what she told police, according to their report:

Police said they went to the home and knocked but nobody answered. When they found the door was unlocked, officers went inside and announced themselves. Inside, they heard a woman’s voice and saw her on the third-floor stairwell, covered in a blanket, the report said. The woman agreed to come down the stairs and talk but kept the blanket “completely covering her face and body,” the report said, and told officers “everything was fine.” One officer saw that “she had a black left eye, and a large cut to her lower lip,” according to the report. As she tried to adjust the blanket to hide her marks, the officers saw marks to each of her lower wrists.

She told police “that she caused these marks to herself because she is crazy.”

The woman agreed to speak to police but wouldn’t say who lived with her or how she got hurt. She “insisted that she caused them to herself,” the report said. She would not allow police to tour her home or take photographs of her injuries. Later that day, Monks came to the police station, and told police that the woman admitted Adongo had caused her injuries.

If those photos were ever given to police, it isn’t mentioned in this report. The report, which classifies this case as “battery-domestic,” next mentions trying to contact Adongo, some forms that were filled out, and concludes with “end of narrative.” At the top, before the narrative, it says:

Both full reports, from October and last week, are below.

Image via Associated Press