A helpful reader was trolling Craigslist when he stumbled across a casting call for a new sports/talk/comedy show. And man, does it sound terrible (and not just because Joumana Kidd is hosting).
Is the world ready for Inside Sports: News You Can Almost Trust? Hosted by "the beautiful and talented" Kidd, it's described as "ESPN meets the Daily Show," which you'll recognize as the exact same description as the failed Sports Soup, the failing Daily Line, and the likely-to-fail Onion Sports Network.
They'll be shooting three pilots, with one of the premier guests being a "former WBC champion/Hollywood actor" (who I'm fairly certain is Marvin Hagler). But it's not just a talk show! There will be a ton of skits, and that's where you come in. If you fit any of the following descriptions, get yourself to Plano, Texas for your audition.
CASTING FOR THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERS (Please note the different times for each casting, so you don't have to wait)
1. Big Burly Reporter: African American Body Builder (Casting time: from 8 am to 8:30 am)
2. Two Mafia looking guys (Casting time: from 8:30 am to 9 am)
3. Randy Johnson Impersonator (Casting time: from 9 am to 9:30 am)
4. The Gay Reporter: 1 guy, late 30s/mid 40s, a total queen, dresses to impress, good looking gay guy (or pretend to be gay). (Casting time: from 9:30 am to 10 am)
5. Roving Reporter: Very good looking female, late 20's early 30's (Race unimportant), must be good on camera and VERY funny (Casting from 10:15 am to 11am)
6. Looking for 5 very attractive females, early 20's for bikini skits and sexy sports roles and one Smoking HOT and trampy girl for a funny skit (Casting from: 11am to noon)
7. "The Million-Dollar Shot winner": male, late 20s or early 30s, never played sports in his life and "Benny in Bayville": Overweight, mid 20s, sports fanatic (from noon to 1pm)
8. 2 teenager boys and 2 pre-teen boys (Casting from 1 to 1:45pm)
Now, Sean, who sent this in, thinks it's probably fake. But it's much more likely that someone actually thinks this is a good idea than is willing to go to these lengths for a joke.
CASTING FOR SPORTS TV SHOW [Craigslist]