Police Report: Reuben Foster Broke Two Of Girlfriend's Cell Phones, Threw Her Dog Across The Room

We may earn a commission from links on this page.

The Sacramento Bee’s Matt Barrows obtained police reports and 911 calls that shed new light on what happened the morning of Feb. 11, when 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster was arrested and charged with felony domestic violence. The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office said in a release last month that Foster punched his girlfriend Elissa Ennis in the head “8 to 10 times,” ruptured her eardrum, and threw her out of their house by her hair. Through her lawyer, Ennis later recanted her statements and said Foster never hit her, though the DA is still prosecuting Foster on the DV charge, as well as two other felonies for forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime and possession of an assault weapon.

According to a police report from the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno PD, Foster broke two of Ennis’s cellphones, one as she tried to call 911 while running out of the house on the morning of the incident, and another that he suspected her of secretly recording him on. Ennis made two 911 calls, one from her phone, and another from the phone of a driver she flagged down outside. Foster admitted to breaking the phones. Both Foster and Ennis say their five-year relationship had “gone sour,” and that they were arguing the night before. The report says Foster threw her dog across the room during the argument, though the dog was not injured. The assault weapon charge is related to a Sig Sauer short-barreled rifle found on the bathroom floor with a loaded 30-round magazine


The police report says Ennis had injuries all over her body:

Upon arriving at the scene, police took photos of Ennis’ injuries, which included a swollen right lower lip, scratches and a cut on the back of her neck and a scrape on her left knee. She also complained of ringing and poor hearing in her left ear, which subsequently was diagnosed as a ruptured ear drum.


However, she says those were the result of a fight stemming from a “road-rage incident” within two days of Feb. 11, and video of said fight has been turned over to the DA’s office, who have positively identified Ennis as one of the participants. Authorities are still prosecuting Foster on all three charges, and a hearing was held in the case this morning.