Your roundup of all the hottest hot-stove items of the day (and whatever shit Ken Rosenthal is throwing against the wall). This is ... HOT FUCKING STOVE!!!!
• The Twins fired General Manager Bill Smith this afternoon and have replaced him with Terry Ryan on an interim basis. Ryan previously served as the GM from 1994-2007, before stepping down due to burnout. He inherits a 99-loss team and whatever's left of Joe Mauer's knees. [Sports Illustrated]
• David Wright may not be quite as untouchable as we've been led to believe, but who the fuck knows at this point. [CBS Sports]
• Five games, five wins for the MLB "All-Star" team in the Far East. In the series finale, the good guys nabbed a 6-4 win over the Chinese Taipei national team. Did you know that LaTroy Hawkins enjoys odorous tofu soup, or that Pablo Sandoval waddles and frolics? Thought not. You're welcome. [MLB.com]
• Hey, everyone! Meet the guy who's going to get a GM fired. [NY Daily News]
• Ken Rosenthal throws some shit at the wall.
• The San Francisco Giants acquired Melky Cabrera, more commonly known as Robinson Cano's handshake sidekick, from the Kansas City Royals for lefty pitchers Jonathan Sanchez and Ryan Verdugo. [@MLB]