Tourney games is comin', yo. UConn/San Diego State at 7:15 p.m. BYU/Florida a dozen minutes later. Arizona/Duke at 9:45 p.m.-ish. Finally, Butler and Wisconsin close out the Sweet Sixteen's first night starting at three minutes before 10 or thereabouts.
Click any team name for a story from their backyard. Here are a bunch of related tips that have arrived over the past few days:
• A Sweet 16 Tale of the Tape [Juiced Sports]
• Matt Hassleback's son Henry picked the Florida Gators to win the tournament because he likes alligators. [Seattle Times] (H/T Robert C. and Bill S.)
• Miles Plumlee of Duke University's men's basketball team (allegedly) doesn't care about black people. When they're starting for the other team in a 1 vs. 16 game, specifically. [YouTube] (H/T John Doe)
• "There's a twitter account called "DukeLvr1989," operating under the name 'Melissa Rodriguez,' and he or she or they are conducting a campaign of terror against Kyrie Irving." [Seth Curry Saves Duke!]
• Gus Johnson. But not really. [Funny Or Die]
• Finally, it's also the Sweet Sixteen in the 2011 Cougar Madness competition. [Dirty Deeds and Thunder Treats]