This picture comes from earlier today when umpire Garth DiFelice defended himself from a charging Kenneth Darby with a textbook right
cross jab to the chin. Or at least that's the way it looks to me.
UPDATE: Black Sports Online has come through with video of the assault.
As for the unrelated, non-punch news...
• Falcons at Vikings Not much has changed since we last looked in, except of course for the score. Atlanta still leads over Minnesota, but they've opened things up after Justin Blalock recovered a Matt Ryan fumble in the endzone for another score.
• Jets at Seahawks The Jets suck and they aren't going to the playoffs. Hopefully Favre will retire and they can try something new next year. Seattle leads 10-3 with the ball in the fourth quarter.
• Eagles at Redskins Welcome back to the NFL, Jason Taylor. Washington's biggest off-season acquisition has registered the second and third sacks of his largely invisible season, the second of which included a strip of Donovan McNabb that was promptly scooped up by Pro Bowl-less London Fletcher. The Redskins wasted little time getting the ball into the endzone from there on the legs of Clinton Portis. Hey, London just ruffled Coach's hair, it's all smiles between Ashburn and Landover again! For the next ten minutes at least. Washington leads 10-3 after holding their opponents to field goal following Philly's longest play of the afternoon.
• Bills at Broncos Buffalo had come back with 16 unanswered points, 10 from the foot of Rian Lindell and a touchdown from Marshawn "Beef Moe" Lynch before Jay Cutler struck again. The Denver quarterback just picked up his second rushing touchdown of the game to put them back on top 20-16
• Texans at Raiders Jamarcus Russell has continued to impress the dozens of people watching this meaningless game. He's now thrown for 236 yards and two touchdowns on just 25 attempts. The Texans have added a field goal, but they still trail 27-16.
Image via Yahoo! Sports