The following things happened to the Denver Broncos today:
- Montee Ball, returning from a groin injury, was lost early in the game after reaggravating said groin injury.
- Tight end Julius Thomas left the game in the first half with an ankle injury and did not return.
- Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders took this pulverizing hit and did not return.
- Depending on the outcome of the Colts/Patriots game this evening, the Broncos may have lost their spot as the top seed in the AFC playoffs.
- They lost by 15 points to the previously 3-6 St. Louis Rams.
Peyton Manning had a rough day, too, at least by his standards. He went 34-of-54, with two interceptions against one touchdown. Manning also took some hits as the Rams' defensive front pushed him around in the pocket.
They're still the Broncos, though, and everything is still fine, as long as Sanders and Thomas don't miss a ton of time. With C.J. Anderson healthy, who knows about Ball, though.
[Photo credit: AP]